From its engaging content to its beautiful design and functionality, Time With God will take you into God’s word in a way that connects you relationally with the Lord. And it’s designed to help you share what’s meaningful to you with others.
- Truly devotional. That is, Time With God is not written to simply explain the passage of scripture and give an application. Rather, it is written in a way that says, “Here’s what the Lord is saying to us in this passage.”
- Interactive. At the end of each reading is a response area for you to journal your personal response to God. We hope this will help you build a responsive relationship to God that will extend into your whole day! Your responses are archived on your iOS device and can be easily accessed in the future.
- Social. When God speaks to you powerfully through his word, you need to share it with others, right? The “Share” button at the end of each devotional lets you share it through Facebook or by email. You can choose to share just the verse, the reading, your response, or any combination of these.
- Fresh. Rather than simply recycling a fixed set of devotions, Time With God comes fresh from the pen of Australian Bible teacher John North, whose printed devotions are eagerly read by thousands of people and can also be read at crosswalk.com.
- Focused on the Bible. As you start your day, you don’t just want somebody’s good thoughts, you want God’s word. Time With God focuses you on God’s message to you through his word, the Bible.
You can also receive Time With God by subscribing to our daily email.
You will then receive the devotion each day in your inbox. Just visit our subscription page and enter in your details.
Saturday, 28 March 2015
Martha then said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.” Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”
Jesus’ life in us is eternal life!
“He who believes in Me will live even if he dies.” In fact, Jesus says, the person who “believes in Me will never die!” When you put your faith in Jesus Christ, God changes you on the inside. You become spiritually connected (the biblical word is “united”) with Jesus Christ in a way that His eternal life flows to you.
As John wrote later, “And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life” (1 John 5:11-12).
God’s reminding you today that His eternal life both flows through you in your life today and will continue to give you life after your body dies.
Friday, 27 March 2015
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God… For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 1:18, 21-25
What Jesus did for us at the cross is simple, but powerful!
People thought that spiritual truth had to be complex and spectacular, but the message of what Jesus has done for us made Him seem weak (He was killed by sinful men) and foolish (it seemed too simple).
But we who’ve turned to Christ know that this simple message of Jesus taking our place before God’s judgment and dying to bear the penalty for our sins opens a whole new life for us. Now that God’s justice is satisfied we can have a wonderful relationship with Him and He can work through us to fill our lives with meaning and purpose!